Friday, April 24, 2009

Boo Hoo


Friday April 24th

Nighttime can be ghastly, as we all know, but particularly for a little child who finds herself in new surroundings. Last night I tucked CC into her nice, soft bed situated in the top drawer of my bedside table. She was sound asleep before I knew it. In the wee hours of the morning, however, I heard barely audible whimpers interspersed with sobs. My sweet angel was awake and forlorn. So I lifted her out of bed asking “What’s bothering you little one?” Through giant heaving sobs she told me there was a scary monster under her bed. “Oh, don’t fret about it honey. We’ll watch my favorite movie about funny monsters that make children laugh. It’s called ‘Monsters Incorporated and there is a little girl in the movie who reminds me of you – her name is Boo.” She watched wide-eyed as Sulley, Myke and Boo learned that scary monsters were no good and that it is much better to laugh and have fun together. Before putting the little angel back to bed, I propped a stuffed Sulley and Myke next to her bed to protect her from scary monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment